Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tell Me a Story - Yellowstone National Park - September 2014

We hadn't seen our son, daughter in law and our 3 year old granddaughter in about a year.  Our son got home from a 5 month deployment from Qatar and September seemed the perfect time to meet up with them at Mt Rushmore and Yellowstone. Currently our son is stationed at Minot AFB, ND (why not Minot? Freezin's the reason!).  We all packed up our trailers and met in Custer, SD, then after six nights, we went to Island Park, ID near Yellowstone.  What a great time we had!  I am having such a hard time just picking one day of shooting, but think it will be one of our days in Yellowstone National Park!
 
The obligatory sign photo! Our Son Erik, Daughter in Law Sarah and Granddaughter Emily!
 
Of course Grandma & Grandpa had to get in on the act!
 
Old Faithful.  I don't think it spouts up as high as it use to, but it's still pretty faithful!
 
This is our beautiful Granddaughter, Emily (almost 4 years old)  being toted around by her dad, walking the boardwalks around Old Faithful in Yellowstone.  A group of Asian tourists (we found out they were from China), were just enamored with her.  They took pictures and kept saying "beautiful".  They also wanted to touch her which was a little unnerving, but it's their culture I guess.
 
I call this "this the abyss".  I just cannot remember the name of every pool we walked past.  Can you imagine being the first visitors to this area?
 
There was steam everywhere and a different color everywhere you looked!
 
More Steam coming from the ground!
 
 Lower Yellowstone Falls
 

.......give me a home, where the buffalo roam.  These beasts are huge.  And they were everywhere.  Even though you are not suppose to, people got out of the car and got too close.  I don't get people sometimes.

We had a great time and there are so many more photos to share.  I will save that for another day!


 
Nature always wears the colors of the spirit. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Don't forget to check out my fellow blogger Julie Harrold
http://jharrold.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/tell-me-a-story-september-2014/ 



 

10 comments:

  1. We live so close to Yellowstone, sadly did not get to make a trip before leaving Wyoming. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all look forward to your photos of Italy!

      Delete
  2. really beautiful photos!!! wow :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Renee, I am so glad you got your post together, these photo's are stunning. I have never been to Yellowstone but the water areas would be my stopping point. The abyss image, oh my gosh, I love it. I want to be there :). Looks like you had a great trip - thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...thank you so much for your kind words Sharleen. We had a fantastic time.....exhausting, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and now you make me really want to go! I am not that far away, yet have never been there.

    ReplyDelete