Friday, July 31, 2015

Our son's Change of Command Ceremony
 
These photos did NOT turn out how I wanted them, but I thought I'd share since I am so damned proud of him and his little family (We're also very proud of our daughter and her slightly bigger family).  These were taken with my 50mm 1.4 lens and I do not know what happened but oh well here goes.
 
Before the Ceremony, outside in front of the hanger.

Papa and Emily (age 4)

Stage setup.

Color Guard.

Announcing the Wing commander, the Outgoing Squadron commander and my son ( the incoming squadron commander) on the right.

My son saluting his troops as the new commander of his squadron.


Emily's favorite part.  THE CAKE!

Emily and her other grandma (Nene).  I think they look so much alike!
 
Thanks for letting me share a little part of my life. 
 
Please read my fellow blogger's sites starting with Sharon Meyer Photography and follow the circle around back to my blog.
 
 

The U.S. Military is us. There is no truer representation of a country than the people that it sends into the field to fight for it. The people who wear our uniform and carry our rifles into combat are our kids, and our job is to support them, because they're protecting us. ~Tom Clancy
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and yes proud moment for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a proud moment for you and your family. Great that you were able to capture the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special moment for your family. I love that you were able to share this with us. The photo of Emily eating cake is awesome - I love the blue tongue. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the photos are great Renee.. Thank your son and husband who served/serve so we can enjoy the freedom of this great country!.. thanks for sharing your special day with us!

    ReplyDelete